There is something particularly cozy about baking a fresh batch of Double Chocolate Cookies from scratch. The soothing sound of the mixer, the scrumptious smell while baking, and the taste. Oh the taste! Like a mix between a gooey brownie + the best cookie you've ever had.
Did I mention that they're SUPER easy to make? I mean, cookie cravings on a whim + throw together ingredients you already have, easy. Seriously, go make these now! You will thank me later.
The perfect combination of a gooey brownie + chewy cookie in an easy-to-follow recipe!
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer dark chips!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees + prepare baking sheet with non stick spray or a silicone baking mat/parchment paper
- Combine butter, brown sugar + white sugar in a large bowl
- Add in vanilla + eggs, mix until combined
- Pour in baking soda, salt, cocoa powder + flour and stir until combined
- Gently fold in chocolate chips
- Refrigerate your batter for 15-20 minutes
- Scoop cookie dough onto your prepared baking sheet
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes + let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack for cooling
Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week